What is the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme?
This scheme allows the public to make an informed choices about the places where they eat out or shop for food.It also encourages food businesses to improve their hygiene standards.
Framework for the scheme:
- Covers premises supplying food direct to consumers
- Six different ratings to reflect the range of hygiene standards found
- Publication of ratings
- Safeguards for businesses
Facts about this Scheme:
- This scheme is unavoidable and national.
- A high rating will be good publicity for your business and will improve customer confidence and increase business revenue.
- A low rating will have a negative impact on your business income, reputation and customer confidence.
- You will be enforced to improve your business hygiene conditions to the current standards.
- Inevitably you will lose customers and business
- Early studies shows that business with 3 or lower rating has lost their customers by 45%.